Sensitive teeth are the result of worn teeth enamel or exposed teeth roots. In healthy teeth enamel protects the underlying layer of dentin which is softer than enamel. If the enamel is damage or if the gum line has receded then the dentin become exposed. The tooth roots are protected by gums. If hot or cold, sweet or sour acidic foods and drinks makes your teeth feel pain then you have sensitive teeth.
Sometimes teeth discomfort is caused by other factor such as a cavity a cracked or chipped tooth a worn filling or gum disease.
Causes Of Teeth Sensitivity
- Teeth decay
- Broken teeth
- Over zealous brushing
- Worn out teeth fillings
- Teeth grinding
- Receding gums
- Damaged teeth enamel from using a hard toothbrush
- Eroded teeth by highly acidic foods and beverages
Teeth Sensitivity Precautions
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush which help prevent gum loss.
- Brush with a sensitivity toothpaste like Crest Gum and Sensitivity which will continue removing plaque to clean teeth while providing fast relief from sensitivity by treating it at the source your gum line.
- Brush and floss your teeth 2 time a day to prevent gum loss.
- Clean all area of your mouth, including between teeth and along the gum line.
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks.
Garlic is a strong smelling herb bulb that add flavors to different dishes around globe. It contain compounds that are beneficial to your oral and overall health.
Garlic is rich in allicin a antibacterial agent and a natural anesthetic.It works efficiently in relieving tooth sensitivity while preventing and fighting serious health concerns like an abscess infection. Garlic also helps kill the bacteria and the germs responsible for causing teeth diseases and cavities.
a) You Need
- Garlic Clove 1
- Sea Salt 1/2 tea spoon
How to Use
- Take a one garlic clove and crushed it.
- Make a paste by mixing half a teaspoon of sea salt and two drops of water.
- Apply the paste directly onto the affected teeth,
- allowing the mixture to sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm salt water.
- Repeat the process twice daily.
b) Chewing Garlic
Chewing on a piece of garlic briefly produces a compound called allicin that has antimicrobial properties and may help kill bacteria that can lead to oral diseases tooth decay and cavities.
c) Rubbing Garlic
If you do not have the time to make a paste then
simply cut a garlic clove in half
then gently rub the cut juicy side against the affected teeth for about 10 minutes.
Then rinse with salt water.
guava leaves are rich with flavonoids that have the potential to soothe toothache due to their pain relieving anti inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
a) You Need
- Fresh guava leaves few
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
How to Use
Take some guava leaves and wash them thoroughly.
Chew them for 1-2 minutes and make sure that the juice reaches the affected area then spit it out.
You must do this 1-2 times daily.
b) Guava Leave Gargling Water
The other way in getting the benefits of guava leaves for toothache is by preparing home made gargling water.
How to Make
- Take a cup of water in a deep pan add salt and boil it.
- Add four or five fresh guava leaves and put it into the water.
- Boil the water with the leaves for some time till the water changes its color.
- Remove it from the stove when it looks like a brewery.
- Let the solution cool down a bit before you use it.
- Use this home made gargling water to rinse your mouth
- Use two to three times a day.
Using a saltwater rinse as a mouthwash is another way to fight bacteria in the mouth and improve oral hygiene.
How to Use
To make a saltwater rinse add half a teaspoon of salt to 1/2 of warm water. Then swish the salt water around the mouth many times before spitting it out.
Red onions contain flavonoids. It have great anti inflammatory properties that can soothe the pain resulting from tooth sensitivity.Red onions also have profound antimicrobial properties that aid in killing harmful bacteria in the mouth which can cause varying oral infections.The antiseptic properties of the onion will eliminate the bacteria in the mouth, which significantly contributes to teeth pain.
How to Use
a) Cut a piece of red onion to a size small enough to fit comfortably in your mouth.
Place the slice on the affected teeth,and hold it in position for at least five minutes.
After taking the onion out,thoroughly rinse your mouth with salt water to prevent bad breath.
Repeat the process twice a day or as necessary.
(b) Chewing onion
Chewing raw onion for approx 3 minutes is sufficient to kill all the germs in the mouth and ensure protection from host of tooth disorders.